IN NEW JERSEY A JANITOR BURNS DOWN SCHOOL

New Jersey (USA) - March 2014: In an elementary school of New Jersey, a janitor was guilty to burn down the school after he accidentally tossed a lit cigarette in the trash. The head custodian at James Monroe Elementary School in Edison, Jerome C.Higgins, violating state law, threw a cigarette that was still lit into his office's garbage which then caught on fire and spread throughout the school. Higgins was incredulous and he apologized with everyone, specially with the children for setting the school on fire. The charges against the janitor was not more severe because he didn't want to burn the school down.